网络社交:真是有点俗气
文章作者 100test 发表时间 2008:03:31 12:33:18
来源 100Test.Com百考试题网
SCENE① C 柔丝家
「真是有点俗气」
Sue: He named it after you.
苏:他用你的名字取的。
Rose: So?
柔丝:所以咧?
Sue:That s kind of 1) cheesy. He 2) obviously likes you.
苏: 真是有点俗气。他很明显在喜欢你。
Rose: He wrote it in college! It has nothing to do with me!
柔丝:他是在大学的时候写的!跟我一点关系都没有!
Sue:So maybe it s 3) fate! Like he knew he would meet you someday!
苏: 那这或许是缘分啰!好像他早就知道有一天会遇见你!
Rose:You re more of a hopeless romantic than I am.
柔丝:你比我还更是无可救药的浪漫主义者。
Sue: What are you waiting for? I want to hear it!
苏: 你在等什么?我要听!
Rose: Okay, okay! (She plays the music)
柔丝:好啦!好啦!(播放音乐)
语言详解
A: That show was so cheesy.
那节目真是俗到家了。
B: Yeah. That s why all the girls were crying.
对啊。那就是为什么女孩子看了都在哭。
「be named after…… 以(某人的名字)被命名」
为了表示敬意或怀念,美国人经常用已故亲人的名字为孩子命名。这种情况在台湾很少发生在人身上,但用在马路、建筑物的情形则相当普遍。
A: I was named after my German grandfather.
我以我的德国祖父命名。
B: No wonder I can t pronounce your name!
难怪我不会念你的名字!
1) cheesy (a.) 俗气的
2) obviously (adv.) 明显地
3) fate (n.) 命运